Data not showing up in Crystal Rpt after Post until user exits the app and restarts

I am having a problem where updates are not showing up on a Crystal Report
(v6.0) after the user posts the data.  I am not using cached updates on this
form but the session.PrivateDir is set because another form does use cached
updates (I don't know if this has an affect or not).

I am running against a MS SQL 6.5 database using Delphi 4.

Basically, the user updates data on a form and then runs a report called by
the CRPE component.  The fields on the report reflect the values prior to
the user's changes.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks.

Re:Data not showing up in Crystal Rpt after Post until user exits the app and restarts

Hello Matt,

Try with TDatabase.HandleShared:=True.

Steph.

Re:Data not showing up in Crystal Rpt after Post until user exits the app and restarts

I tried that and it did not make a difference.  Crystal still outputs the
incorrect data.

Thanks though.  Any other ideas?

Stephane Orban wrote in message

<01bdf7c7$916bb6f0$03c812ac@winnt40_wks_01>...
>Hello Matt,

>Try with TDatabase.HandleShared:=True.

>Steph.

Re:Data not showing up in Crystal Rpt after Post until user exits the app and restarts

For those of you who are interested, I found the problem.  It turns out that
the new Crystal component has a DiscardSavedChanges property which defaults
to False.  Well...If the query doesn't change, then Crystal will not update
the report with data from the database.  Set it to true and it always will.

The new component adds a lot of flexibility and a lot of new headaches
learning these issues.

Matt Peebles wrote in message <70557g$o...@forums.borland.com>...
>I tried that and it did not make a difference.  Crystal still outputs the
>incorrect data.

>Thanks though.  Any other ideas?

>Stephane Orban wrote in message
><01bdf7c7$916bb6f0$03c812ac@winnt40_wks_01>...