Why Short file names in log file

It would sure be nice if the database file names that are written to the
Interbase Log file were the long names.  The short file names are so cryptic
that I can't relate them to the database that's having the problem (we have
many databases) and I can't find anyway in Win2000 to view what the short
file name is from the Windows Explorer.

--

Don Gollahon
(golla...@geneseo.net)

Re:Why Short file names in log file

Don Gollahon wrote:

> It would sure be nice if the database file names that are written to the
> Interbase Log file were the long names.

        I'm surprised they aren't; I have long filenames in my interbase.log:

WKS-CRAIG (Client)      Tue Jan 09 08:47:21 2001
        Guardian starting: D:\InterBase\bin\ibserver.exe

        (Note that "InterBase" is 9 characters.)

        -Craig

We're hiring: http://www.vertexsoftware.com/careerops.htm#sd

Re:Why Short file names in log file

Use "dir /x" to display short filenames.

Try "dir /?" for more options.

--
Martijn Tonies
InterBase Workbench - the developer tool for InterBase and Firebird

Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

"This is an object-oriented system.
If we change anything, the users object."

"Don Gollahon" <golla...@geneseo.net> wrote in message

> It would sure be nice if the database file names that are written to the
> Interbase Log file were the long names.  The short file names are so
cryptic
> that I can't relate them to the database that's having the problem (we
have
> many databases) and I can't find anyway in Win2000 to view what the short
> file name is from the Windows Explorer.

> --

> Don Gollahon
> (golla...@geneseo.net)