Don't want to display a date in TDateTimePicker (like NULL value)

HI,

How can I use a TDateTimePicker (or the data aware one I found on the web)
to display/manage/accept an empty or null value?
I wan't my user to be able to answer "Nothing" to this field...

How can I do this? Please help !

Olivier.

Re:Don't want to display a date in TDateTimePicker (like NULL value)

> How can I use a TDateTimePicker (or the data aware one I found on the web)
> to display/manage/accept an empty or null value?
> I wan't my user to be able to answer "Nothing" to this field...

        I don't this can be done (without changing TDateTimePicker code).
Also, try to imagine how could be implemented in component itself so it
would be easy to use.

        My sugesstion is that you combine it with CheckBox.

                                Bye,

                                                Vedran

             / Vedran Sego, vs...@student.math.hr  /               /\
            /              vs...@mindless.com     / Programmers!  /  \
           / UIN: 3105241                        / Use Borland   / /\ \
          / WWW: http://student.math.hr/~vsego/ / D E L P H I ! / /\ \ \
         /_____________________________________/_______________/ /  \ \ \
         \_____________________________________\_______________\/    \_\/

Re:Don't want to display a date in TDateTimePicker (like NULL value)

hey oliver, that's one's a toughie, and you do in fact need to write
your own component for this one. And it's not an easy one either from
what I hear. The dataTimePickers are microsoft common controls, so you
don't get nice source to play with...

Olivier Deckmyn wrote:

> HI,

> How can I use a TDateTimePicker (or the data aware one I found on the web)
> to display/manage/accept an empty or null value?
> I wan't my user to be able to answer "Nothing" to this field...

Re:Don't want to display a date in TDateTimePicker (like NULL value)

It looks like the answer is to use the "checkbox" properties...
That's not as nice as I would have liked :(

Thanx to both of you !

Olivier Deckmyn a crit dans le message <6bmnv3$c...@forums.borland.com>...

>HI,

>How can I use a TDateTimePicker (or the data aware one I found on the web)
>to display/manage/accept an empty or null value?
>I wan't my user to be able to answer "Nothing" to this field...

>How can I do this? Please help !

>Olivier.

Re:Don't want to display a date in TDateTimePicker (like NULL value)

Try the date picker in Rx-Lib.  You can get it from http://rx.demo.ru/.  It a
set of over quality 50 components for free.  Go the web site for more info.

Olivier Deckmyn wrote:
> HI,

> How can I use a TDateTimePicker (or the data aware one I found on the web)
> to display/manage/accept an empty or null value?
> I wan't my user to be able to answer "Nothing" to this field...

> How can I do this? Please help !

> Olivier.

Other Threads