setting up an Alias for Access 97 using Native BDE driver

I am trying to use the BDE (5.01) native driver to connect to an Access 97
database.
I have a ttable object with the database property set to the access
alias(PT900-1 is the alias' name).  When I attempt to set the tablename
property, the login box is displayed.  I enter the proper username (which is
defaulted as Admin ) and type in the password.  When I click the OK on the
login dialog, I get the following error:

General SQL Error.  can't start your application. the workgroup information
file is missing or opened exclusively by another user. Alias PT900-1

Now I am not running the application, this is in the IDE.  There are no
other application opened at all so nothing should be attempting to lock the
file.
I am using D4  with the most recent patches...

Re:setting up an Alias for Access 97 using Native BDE driver

If you Access database is not using user level security set the LoginPrompt
property of your TDatabase component to False. If you are using user level
security then you must specify the workgroup information file in the System
Database parameter of you BDE alias.

--
Bill