Board index » delphi » Accessing a DB stored on a read-only device such as a CD-ROM

Accessing a DB stored on a read-only device such as a CD-ROM

Hi

I read in this group last year about the pitfalls of accessing a DB which
is stored on a read-only device such as a CD-ROM, apparently there was a
simple solution to remedy this?  Can anyone help?

Thanks

William
[email protected]
(Remove NO_SPAM from my address when e-mailing)

 

Re:Accessing a DB stored on a read-only device such as a CD-ROM


try http:\\www.inprise.com/devsupport/delphi/ti_list/TI3104.html  it helped
me.

Andy Muir    [email protected]

Quote
William wrote in message <[email protected]>...
>Hi

>I read in this group last year about the pitfalls of accessing a DB which
>is stored on a read-only device such as a CD-ROM, apparently there was a
>simple solution to remedy this?  Can anyone help?

>Thanks

>William
>[email protected]
>(Remove NO_SPAM from my address when e-mailing)

Re:Accessing a DB stored on a read-only device such as a CD-ROM


William,

you might want to have a look at a help file I recently compiled. It can be
found under the News section at:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/LMC

It describes in detail, what you are looking for.

Uwe

William schrieb in Nachricht <[email protected]>...

Quote
>Hi

>I read in this group last year about the pitfalls of accessing a DB which
>is stored on a read-only device such as a CD-ROM, apparently there was a
>simple solution to remedy this?  Can anyone help?

>Thanks

>William
>[email protected]
>(Remove NO_SPAM from my address when e-mailing)

Re:Accessing a DB stored on a read-only device such as a CD-ROM


Thanks Andy,

just what i needed.

Bill

ANDY MUIR <[email protected]> wrote in article
<[email protected]>...

Quote
> try http:\\www.inprise.com/devsupport/delphi/ti_list/TI3104.html  it
helped
> me.

> Andy Muir    [email protected]

> William wrote in message <[email protected]>...
> >Hi

> >I read in this group last year about the pitfalls of accessing a DB
which
> >is stored on a read-only device such as a CD-ROM, apparently there was a
> >simple solution to remedy this?  Can anyone help?

> >Thanks

> >William
> >[email protected]
> >(Remove NO_SPAM from my address when e-mailing)

Re:Accessing a DB stored on a read-only device such as a CD-ROM


Sorry Uwe couldn't find the informaiton you mentioned, but Andy's article
has solved it for me anyway.

Bill

Uwe Molzahn <[email protected]> wrote in article
<[email protected]>...

Quote
> William,

> you might want to have a look at a help file I recently compiled. It can
be
> found under the News section at:

> http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/LMC

> It describes in detail, what you are looking for.

> Uwe

> William schrieb in Nachricht <[email protected]>...
> >Hi

> >I read in this group last year about the pitfalls of accessing a DB
which
> >is stored on a read-only device such as a CD-ROM, apparently there was a
> >simple solution to remedy this?  Can anyone help?

> >Thanks

> >William
> >[email protected]
> >(Remove NO_SPAM from my address when e-mailing)

Other Threads