Corrupt File other than header.

Hi All,

I am trying to find a solution to the following error message which a
number of my clients have reported : 'Corrupt file other than header
tablename.xg2'.  I have also recieved reports of the .db file being
corrupted in the same way.  What I need to know is what causes this and how
can I solve this error on a clients machine.

I would appreciate any help anyone has to offer.

Cheers

Christine

Re:Corrupt File other than header.

Corrupt files usually happen if a computer is shut down without exiting the
program while the file is in edit or insert mode.  There is a program
called fixit for 16 bit and 32 bit on the Super Page.  I think it's
freeware.  That rebuilds the file pretty good.

Ben
Arrow

Christine <bezz...@dpi.qld.gov.au> wrote in article
<01bd3ffd$79b7db10$6f0919cb@mropcnt102199>...

> Hi All,

> I am trying to find a solution to the following error message which a
> number of my clients have reported : 'Corrupt file other than header
> tablename.xg2'.  I have also recieved reports of the .db file being
> corrupted in the same way.  What I need to know is what causes this and
how
> can I solve this error on a clients machine.

> I would appreciate any help anyone has to offer.

> Cheers

> Christine

Re:Corrupt File other than header.

Borland has a free table-repair Delphi utility that can be downloaded

http://www.Borland.com

--
Michael

** Remove <junk-mail> to reply. Tired of unwanted mail **

Other Threads