Indy Reloaded (Indy 10)

Yes. We are working. :)

Indy 10 however has TWO MAJOR problems that have unfortunately delayed the
public debut of Indy 10. These two items have been identified but we have
yet to find a resolution to these persistent issues. They are:

1) Customers.

2) Day Jobs.

So in search of a solution if there is anyone out there with too much money
and you do not know what to do with it, we have opened some Swiss bank
accounts and you can send it there to help us deal with these issues.

In light of these nearly insumrountable issues, we are VERY near to opening
Indy 10. However a few notes:

1) It is NOT stable! It does run and compile most times, however we are
still debugging many of the complex parts and changing some others.
Consider it like a box of dynamite and dont smoke near it.

2) The consistency has been upgraded from sludgy old dirty motor oil form a
defective Fiat to English Custard. But things are still in flux.

3) The API is NOT final. This means two things:
  a) There may be more API changes.
  b) We are still performing an impact study. Some changes will be
alleviated. They wont be backed out, but steps will be taken to
automatically convert DFMs during stream in, etc.

There ARE changes. However there are MAJOR feature upgrades too. The
additions of features that have been added is similar to going from Win 3.1
to Win32 - so many of the changes are unavoidable. We did not go and change
things randomly. Most of Indy Core does commerical and corporate
development with Indy and we feel the pain of such changes too.

Indy 9 will continue to be maintained for critical and other bug fixes
after 10 is released, but no new features will be added by the team itself,
alhtough users may choose to do so.

What does this mean? This means that if you dont want new feautures in 10,
and dont want changes, stay with 9 as it is and will continue to be
supported.

   Got Indy? Got the book?

   http://www.atozedsoftware.com/indy/book/

Re:Indy Reloaded (Indy 10)

"Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu" <c...@hower.org> wrote in

> Yes. We are working. :)

Noone is interested in Indy 10? :)

   Qualified help FAST with Indy Experts Support
   from the experts themselves:

   http://www.atozedsoftware.com/indy/experts/support.html

Re:Indy Reloaded (Indy 10)

"Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu" <c...@hower.org> wrote in message

> Noone is interested in Indy 10? :)

I think you scared everyone off when you announced that it was highly
unstable, slow, and constantly changing :-p

stablize it, speed it up, and lock it in, then let's talk :-)

Gambit

Re:Indy Reloaded (Indy 10)

"Remy Lebeau \(TeamB\)" <gambi...@yahoo.com> wrote in

> I think you scared everyone off when you announced that it was highly
> unstable, slow, and constantly changing :-p

Well Im just being honest. We did reach the custard level and are progressing
fast to JellO. :)

> stablize it, speed it up, and lock it in, then let's talk :-)

We could use some more help on testing - especialy in regards to the unit
testing. We'll be opening soon.

   Qualified help FAST with Indy Experts Support
   from the experts themselves:

   http://www.atozedsoftware.com/indy/experts/support.html

Re:Indy Reloaded (Indy 10)

Hoooooorrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!!!!

Where i can download it? Inside Matrix? =P
I can't find it on the http://www.nevrona.com/Indy/dowload/index.html
Hope i can get it soon =D

From,
Hon Yuen, Ng

"Hon Yuen, Ng" <h...@tm.net.my> wrote in

> Hoooooorrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!!!!

> Where i can download it? Inside Matrix? =P

Hopefully later this week we'll have a release.

   Got Indy? Got the book?

   http://www.atozedsoftware.com/indy/book/

Re:Indy Reloaded (Indy 10)

Ok!
Gambatehneh! (It means keep up the good work. =D)
BTW, really want to thank you guys for all the good components and effort.
You guys are really great ppl. Thanks

From,
Hon Yuen, Ng

Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu wrote:
> Well Im just being honest. We did reach the custard level and are progressing
> fast to JellO. :)

[...]

Absolutely interested.  Specifically in the socket and HTTP components.
  What kind of help do you need?

Custard and JellO might be a little awkward.  Remember, there is no spoon.

Regards,
Bruce McGee
Glooscap Software

Re:Indy Reloaded (Indy 10)

> Noone is interested in Indy 10? :)

I will be able to test the tcpserver and tcpclient components in my IM
server ASAP.
Is the tcpserver and client pretty stable?  Those are the only two classes I
use right now.
Does the I/O completion stuff work?

--
Tony Caduto
AM Software Design

---

Re:Indy Reloaded (Indy 10)

"Bruce McGee" <bmc...@ionline.net> wrote in message

|   Remember, there is no spoon.

LMAO

Bas

Re:Indy Reloaded (Indy 10)

"Tony Caduto" <acad...@amsoftwaredesign.com> wrote in message

| Does the I/O completion stuff work?

not 100% but it will in a few days, or so

Bas

Re:Indy Reloaded (Indy 10)

In borland.public.delphi.internet.winsock, "Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu"
<c...@hower.org> wrote in message

<Xns9390623D0EA9Cc...@127.0.0.1>...

>Noone is interested in Indy 10? :)

I went to the Indy web site the other day and didn't really find anything
about it, other than the fact that it is not yet ready for release. What in
Indy 10 is new and/or improved relative to Indy 9? To be exact, what
in Indy 10 is new and improved for multithreaded newsreader tasks?

Also, I'm interested in fixes for the following problems:

"@ outside address" : Just because something is non-standard doesn't mean it
should kill the reading of a
header or message.

Some messages never finish downloading. I've come across several messages in
newsgroups that get Indy 9 to download continually, never completing. Several
of these were posted from Agent (by Forte), but some were not.

It would be very nice to be able to choose between synchronous and
asynchronous mode, the way the Borland
socket components can.

--
Posted using Jake's Super Newsreader 0.9.2.953

<c...@hower.org> wrote in message

<Xns9390623D0EA9Cc...@127.0.0.1>...

>Noone is interested in Indy 10? :)

Oh, one more thing. It would be nice if Indy made it easier to deal with
multipost binary inline attachments. A function call that would take a list
of TIdMessages and return a stream with the combined and decoded result would
be nice. I had to hack together a CombineAndDecode procedure by cloning the
Indy decode logic and making it work "offline". It would be so much cleaner
if the Indy decode logic worked on streams AFTER download instead of during
download, since you can't adequately decode a multipost binary until after
download anyway.

My hacked together solution will work with any additional Indy decoders that
get registered, but it would have been nice to be able to simply use
functions that decode any stream to any output stream whether online or
not, like the MimeDec component in ICS does.

--
Posted using Jake's Super Newsreader 0.9.2.953

Re:Indy Reloaded (Indy 10)

"Tony Caduto" <acad...@amsoftwaredesign.com> wrote in

> I will be able to test the tcpserver and tcpclient components in my IM
> server ASAP.
> Is the tcpserver and client pretty stable?  Those are the only two

Servers are still a bit flakey, although the Winsock one works reasonably
well right now.

> Does the I/O completion stuff work?

Only parts of it, and not servers yet. This is the part that is still
unstable. We are working on it very actively now.

   Got Indy? Got the book?

   http://www.atozedsoftware.com/indy/book/

Go to page: [1] [2]

Other Threads