Having Problem When Using MSSQL Server Image Field

  I was using Delphi3.0 and MSSQL Server 6.5(sp3) programming some database
application.And I used a image &memo field,but in my program is running  ,I
could not post the image and memo field Please help!

My email: GZH...@public1.guangzhou.gd.cn

Re:Having Problem When Using MSSQL Server Image Field

>  I was using Delphi3.0 and MSSQL Server 6.5(sp3) programming some database
>application.And I used a image &memo field,but in my program is running  ,I
>could not post the image and memo field Please help!

Images , blobs, and text (memo) fields have to be one of the biggest reasons
MS SQL database run into problems...

My advice is to store the network path in a VarChar 255 field and then save
these files in network directories...

The stability of your DB will be _MUCH_ better and this will also keep your
backups moving a LOT quicker as well

Good luck,
--Raymond

Other Threads