Index is out of date (D4, Paradox)

Hello,
(sorry for reposting this message, but I noticed that previous one had wrong
date and may be buried behind fresh messages)

I had the problem for which I successfully implemented some workaround, but
I still would like to know what the problem was :-).

At some time all the tables (~8) on the particular form of a project
developed such an erroneous behaviour: after OnPostError (due to attempt to
post duplicate record) and canceling changes made all continued to work fine
during the current "lifetime" of a form. When you close the form (and
release it), and try to open it again, it says "Index is out of date:
<secondary index name>", and then starts with ALL database controls on the
form empty, and tables inactive. After restarting the application, it all
returns back to normal.

I noted that this occurs only if after cancel you don't post anything else
before closing the form. If some post was performed, nothing wrong happens.
So I added to AfterCancel event Edit and Post commands - and it works fine
after that.

What may be the cause of this strange behaviour?

And then, if the problem with indexes already occurred, what is programmatic
way to clean up the database, or restore indexes, or whatever - to resolve
the problem?

Thank you very much in advance,

Dmitri Papichev

Re:Index is out of date (D4, Paradox)

If this is a multi-user application make sure you have the BDE configured as
described in TI247B at www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/ti.

--
Bill

Bill Todd (TeamB)

"Bill Todd (TeamB)" <b...@dbginc.com> wrote in message

> If this is a multi-user application make sure you have the BDE configured
as
> described in TI247B at www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/ti.

No, this is a single-user desktop application.

Dmitri Papichev

Re:Index is out of date (D4, Paradox)

Does this happen every time a key violation occurs and your OnPostError
handler executes? Are you using cached updates? What version of the BDE are
you using?

--
Bill

Bill Todd (TeamB)

> Does this happen every time a key violation occurs and your OnPostError
> handler executes?

Yes.

> Are you using cached updates?

No.

> What version of the BDE are you using?

5.01

Thanks,
Dmitri Papichev

Re:Index is out of date (D4, Paradox)

The only case thing I can think of is to comment out the code in your
OnPostError handler and see if the problem still happens. If it does create
a simple text example and submit a bug report to Borland on their Web site.
You might also check the TI at

Bill

Bill Todd (TeamB)

> The only case thing I can think of is to comment out the code in your
> OnPostError handler and see if the problem still happens. If it does
create
> a simple text example and submit a bug report to Borland on their Web
site.
> You might also check the TI at
> http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,15209,00.html

Thank you very much.