Install Delphi 3.0 on NT 4.0 & Win95

Hi!
I am new to this newsgroup.
I have Delphi 3.0 newly installed on my WinNT 4.0 workstation.
This computer has both NT 4.0 AND Win95 installed on it, they share the
same disk,
and are both connected to the company networks.

Well, I want to install Delphi3 on the Win95 desktop, too. My questions
are:

1) Should I install Delphi3 on the Win95 from scratch?
    Won't it damage the NT's Delphi installation?

2) Or maybe I can make only a new group in the 95 desktop?

3) Will the two installations share the same runtime libs?
    or Delphi's IDE uses different executables for 95 and NT?

I thank you all for your help,
Dudi Yacouel.

------------------------------------
D u d i   Y a c o u e l
Nice Systems LTD.
E-mail: du...@nice.com
Tel.: +972-3-645-3161
ATIDIM Bldg 7, Neve Sharet
P.O.B 58070 Tel Aviv 61580
Web Site : http://www.nice.com

Re:Install Delphi 3.0 on NT 4.0 & Win95

Hi!I am new to this newsgroup.I have Delphi 3.0 newly installed on my
WinNT 4.0 workstation.This computer has both NT 4.0 AND Win95 installed
on it, they share the same disk,and are both connected to the company
networks.Well, I want to install Delphi3 on the Win95 desktop, too. My
questions are:1) Should I install Delphi3 on the Win95 from scratch?
Won't it damage the NT's Delphi installation?2) Or maybe I can make only
a new group in the 95 desktop?3) Will the two installations share the
same runtime libs?    or Delphi's IDE uses different executables for 95
and NT?I thank you all for your help,Dudi
Yacouel.------------------------------------D u d i   Y a c o u e lNice
Systems LTD.E-mail: du...@nice.comTel.: +972-3-645-3161ATIDIM Bldg 7,
Neve SharetP.O.B 58070 Tel Aviv 61580, I S R A E LWeb Site :

Dudi Yacouel wrote:
>  Hi!
> I am new to this newsgroup.
> I have Delphi 3.0 newly installed on my WinNT 4.0 workstation.
> This computer has both NT 4.0 AND Win95 installed on it, they share
> the same disk,
> and are both connected to the company networks.

> Well, I want to install Delphi3 on the Win95 desktop, too. My
> questions are:

> 1) Should I install Delphi3 on the Win95 from scratch?
>     Won't it damage the NT's Delphi installation?

> 2) Or maybe I can make only a new group in the 95 desktop?

> 3) Will the two installations share the same runtime libs?
>     or Delphi's IDE uses different executables for 95 and NT?

> I thank you all for your help,
> Dudi Yacouel.

> ------------------------------------
> D u d i   Y a c o u e l
> Nice Systems LTD.
> E-mail: du...@nice.com
> Tel.: +972-3-645-3161
> ATIDIM Bldg 7, Neve Sharet
> P.O.B 58070 Tel Aviv 61580
> Web Site : http://www.nice.com

 Dudi,

The installation that you are trying to do is not recommended nor
supported. You should contact Microsoft about dual-booting issues.
However, I will tell you that you would need to install separately in
both operating systems, ideally to the same directories.

--
Brian
Delphi Developer Support

Dudi Yacouel wrote:
>  Hi!I am new to this newsgroup.I have Delphi 3.0 newly installed on my
> WinNT 4.0 workstation.This computer has both NT 4.0 AND Win95
> installed on it, they share the same disk,and are both connected to
> the company networks.Well, I want to install Delphi3 on the Win95
> desktop, too. My questions are:1) Should I install Delphi3 on the
> Win95 from scratch?    Won't it damage the NT's Delphi installation?2)
> Or maybe I can make only a new group in the 95 desktop?3) Will the two
> installations share the same runtime libs?    or Delphi's IDE uses
> different executables for 95 and NT?I thank you all for your help,Dudi
> Yacouel.------------------------------------D u d i   Y a c o u e
> lNice Systems LTD.E-mail: du...@nice.comTel.: +972-3-645-3161ATIDIM
> Bldg 7, Neve SharetP.O.B 58070 Tel Aviv 61580, I S R A E LWeb Site :
> http://www.nice.com

 Dudi,

The installation that you are trying to do is not recommended nor
supported. You should contact Microsoft about dual-booting issues.
However, I will tell you that you would need to install separately in
both operating systems, ideally to the same directories.

--
Brian
Delphi Developer Support
www.borland.com