Integrated help files

We are looking to integrate some help files into our Delphi 1.0 apps and
are
looking for suggestions as to what product works best for creating
these files.  I have heard that Microsoft Word can create these files but
have not done any experimentation.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark Mickelson
mickel...@rainhail.com

Re:Integrated help files

MM <micke...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in article
<01bc346c$76b336a0$4aa6b8cd@#mickelsn.rainhail.com>...

> We are looking to integrate some help files into our Delphi 1.0 apps and
> are
> looking for suggestions as to what product works best for creating
> these files.  I have heard that Microsoft Word can create these files but
> have not done any experimentation.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

> Thanks,
> Mark Mickelson
> mickel...@rainhail.com

Hi

Check Visual Help Pro..... I'm not to shore if it is only for 32 bit
applications.

http://www.winwareinc.com/visualhelp.html

Good Luck!!!

Re:Integrated help files

Mark,

I agree with the last post.  If you want a decent help program at a really
good price, check out Visual Help Pro (under $200).  I've used it for a
couple of years and love it.  I was on a tight budget so it was the most
cost-effective.  If money is no object, I hear from others that RoboHelp is
good (about $425 last time I heard).

By the way, it is for Windows 3.x help files.  The Windows 95 version is on
its way, but Winware will not promise a date yet.  Last time I spoke to
them, they said they hoped it would be Q1, but that's almost over.  They
said they'd notify all registered users when it's available, but they don't
want to give a date at this time.

-- Vinnie

MM <micke...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in article
<01bc346c$76b336a0$4aa6b8cd@#mickelsn.rainhail.com>...

> We are looking to integrate some help files into our Delphi 1.0 apps and
> are
> looking for suggestions as to what product works best for creating
> these files.  I have heard that Microsoft Word can create these files but
> have not done any experimentation.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

> Thanks,
> Mark Mickelson
> mickel...@rainhail.com

Re:Integrated help files

Mark,

I suggest RoboHelp. It's a little on the expensive side and requires MS Word 7
but we use it to maintain one version of documentation and then create our help
files, printed documentation and intranet web pages from the one source (which
is infact the help files in RTF format). If you are looking for a tool that can
handle multiple document generation from one source I highly recomend this
product. Please beware however that it is not as 'user-friendly' as some other
generation systems and does require some knowledge of Word.

Dale

>We are looking to integrate some help files into our Delphi 1.0 apps and
>are
>looking for suggestions as to what product works best for creating
>these files.  I have heard that Microsoft Word can create these files but
>have not done any experimentation.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Other Threads