Problem with Free Pascal/Windows 2000 Pro

 When I run a very simple "Hello World" program from the IDE, a shell window
shows with a loop of these messages: (Exception_Continue_Execution set
CallSignal called).

When I close the window the IDE also closes down.

Can anyone help?

Re:Problem with Free Pascal/Windows 2000 Pro

In article <araanu$ch...@phys-pa.scotland.net>, Jim Scullion wrote:
>  When I run a very simple "Hello World" program from the IDE, a shell window
> shows with a loop of these messages: (Exception_Continue_Execution set
> CallSignal called).

> When I close the window the IDE also closes down.

> Can anyone help?

Do you use the win32 IDE?

Re:Problem with Free Pascal/Windows 2000 Pro

I sometimes have the same problem.  Freepascal does not seem to like endless
loops.

In article <ZZ8C9.76686$hR3.65...@news2.central.cox.net>, eerieguy wrote:
> "Marco van de Voort" <mar...@toad.stack.nl> wrote in message
>> In article <araanu$ch...@phys-pa.scotland.net>, Jim Scullion wrote:
>> >  When I run a very simple "Hello World" program from the IDE, a shell
> window
>> > shows with a loop of these messages: (Exception_Continue_Execution set
>> > CallSignal called).

>> > When I close the window the IDE also closes down.

>> > Can anyone help?

>> Do you use the win32 IDE?
> I sometimes have the same problem.  Freepascal does not seem to like endless
> loops.

I asked around, and this seems to be a windows problem. Newer service packs
seem to have the problem less.

The FPC IDE developper tries to find a workaround for this know problem that
doesn't hit the bug currently, but hasn't succeeded yet.

Re:Problem with Free Pascal/Windows 2000 Pro

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.

Jim

> In article <ZZ8C9.76686$hR3.65...@news2.central.cox.net>, eerieguy wrote:
> > "Marco van de Voort" <mar...@toad.stack.nl> wrote in message
> > window

> >> Do you use the win32 IDE?

> > I sometimes have the same problem.  Freepascal does not seem to like
endless
> > loops.

> I asked around, and this seems to be a windows problem. Newer service
packs
> seem to have the problem less.

> The FPC IDE developper tries to find a workaround for this know problem
that
> doesn't hit the bug currently, but hasn't succeeded yet.

Other Threads