Urgent - App locked, Says a user transaction already in progress

I don't know what I did this morning but I was running this app entering
test data and now I get this message when I try to insert to a
particular table.  I am trying to insert a new record into a
master/detail set of tables but I am getting this message - that a user
transaction is already in progress.  I am using a Sybase SQL Anywhere
database.  I have tried stopping and re-starting the database, putting a
line of code in the app to rollback the 'transaction in progress' but I
get a message that no transaction is in progress when I do that!  Help!,
how do I fix this!!  This app is supposed to be up and running!!  Thanks
for any help.