!Help! EDBEngineError w. Delphi1.0/MSAccess2.0 Jet Error -1003

Hi,

I've managed to connect to a MSAccess2.0-database via ODBC2.0 and the BDE2.0
using Delphi1.0, but everytime I try to modify a dataset using the TTable.Edit/.Post
sequence I get the following error message :

Exception EDBEngineError
- 'Allgemeiner SQL-Fehler.[Microsoft][ODBC Access-Treiber]Jet Fehler -1003'     (german)
- 'General SQL-Error.     [Microsoft][ODBC Access-Driver] Jet Error  -1003'

Does anybody know what this means or how to avoid it ?
I allready got the MS Service Pack and the updated ODBC2.1 driver package, but they didn't
help.

Any kind of help is welcome ...

--
Geo sw0...@aixrs1.hrz.uni-essen.de

Re:!Help! EDBEngineError w. Delphi1.0/MSAccess2.0 Jet Error -1003

Hi Georgios,

You wrote:
> I've managed to connect to a MSAccess2.0-database via ODBC2.0 and the BDE2.0
> using Delphi1.0, but everytime I try to modify a dataset using the TTable.Edit/.Post
> sequence I get the following error message :

> Exception EDBEngineError
> - 'Allgemeiner SQL-Fehler.[Microsoft][ODBC Access-Treiber]Jet Fehler -1003'     (german)
> - 'General SQL-Error.     [Microsoft][ODBC Access-Driver] Jet Error  -1003'

> Does anybody know what this means or how to avoid it ?
> I allready got the MS Service Pack and the updated ODBC2.1 driver package, but they didn't
> help.

> Any kind of help is welcome ...

All that I can tell you is that many folks out there are struggling with BDE->ODBC->ACCESS - Period.
There are specific engines designed out there (Titan, for one...) to give you direct access to Access
(forgive the pun!).

If you're interested, you could always give the BDE a total skip and go ODBCExpress, a native VCL
which replaces the BDE and offers solid problem-free access to Access.  The 16bit version is freeware,
while the 32bit is shareware.  Performance is excellent and the software compiles directly into your
app - no messy dlls to distribute.

If you're interested, check it out at http://www.adam.co.za

Regards,

Rob
--
Rob McGillivray
Manager: Client/server Software Development

Georgios Tzannis <sw0...@aixrs1.hrz.uni-essen.de> wrote:
>Hi,
>I've managed to connect to a MSAccess2.0-database via ODBC2.0 and the BDE2.0
>using Delphi1.0, but everytime I try to modify a dataset using the TTable.Edit/.Post
>sequence I get the following error message :
>Exception EDBEngineError
>- 'Allgemeiner SQL-Fehler.[Microsoft][ODBC Access-Treiber]Jet Fehler -1003'         (german)
>- 'General SQL-Error.         [Microsoft][ODBC Access-Driver] Jet Error  -1003'
>Does anybody know what this means or how to avoid it ?
>I allready got the MS Service Pack and the updated ODBC2.1 driver package, but they didn't
>help.
>Any kind of help is welcome ...
>--
>Geo sw0...@aixrs1.hrz.uni-essen.de

Try setting the TTable update proerty to upWhereKeyOnly
Also there seems to be a problem posting to integer and double
fields in MS-Access, so I use only single and byte fields for
numeric data.
If you get any better solution please let me know.
---Liz         d...@hundy.demon.co.uk

Other Threads