BDE: SQL Queries and dBase Indexes (Performance?)

We're working with Delphi 1.0, the Databaseformat is dBase. Until now we
knew exactly how dBase handles with indexes.
With Delphi you get connected to a dBase table via BDE and we are
queriing all the dBase tables with SQL SELECT statements.
The tables are for the application static, there are no inserts or
updates, only selects!

My questions are:
How does BDE handles with indexes?
Does BDE automatically optimize the queries (e.g. choose the best index
..) when I have complex queries (-> including Group by, order by,
where-clauses...)?
I wonder for which fields I have to build indexes, so that I have the
best performance when queriing the tables.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks

Mischa Mundwiler
(Mundwiler.Mis...@CH.Swissbank.com)

Re:BDE: SQL Queries and dBase Indexes (Performance?)

In article <4vjsj5$2...@news-s01.ny.us.ibm.net>, From fill...@ibm.net,
the following was written:

> Does BDE automatically optimize the queries (e.g. choose the best
> index ...) when I have complex queries (-> including Group by, order
> by, where-clauses...)?
> I wonder for which fields I have to build indexes, so that I have the
> best performance when queriing the tables.

In general it is good to index the fields that are joined.

God Bless,

--
Jay Schwisow j...@weldnet.com
08/24/96 14:16