BDE 5.01 deployment Part 2

I tried to create an installshield distribution file which includes BDE
5.01 ( I have D4 with patch 2 & web broker ).
On attempting to build it, installshield warns me that it cannot find the
DATAPUMP.EXE file.
Where can I find this file?
It does not appear to exist on my system or on the Inprise CD's.

Re:BDE 5.01 deployment Part 2

look for the file swdepend.ini and delete from it the entries regarding
datapump (3 entries) it is a konown bug. The files exist only on D4 C/S.
Sraya
Emmanuel Samios wrote in message <01be0d02$ed702d00$1cb93ecb@osborne>...
>I tried to create an installshield distribution file which includes BDE
>5.01 ( I have D4 with patch 2 & web broker ).
>On attempting to build it, installshield warns me that it cannot find the
>DATAPUMP.EXE file.
>Where can I find this file?
>It does not appear to exist on my system or on the Inprise CD's.

Re:BDE 5.01 deployment Part 2

>I tried to create an installshield distribution file which includes BDE
>5.01 ( I have D4 with patch 2 & web broker ).
>On attempting to build it, installshield warns me that it cannot find the
>DATAPUMP.EXE file.
>Where can I find this file?
>It does not appear to exist on my system or on the Inprise CD's.

The datapump files only come with the client server version of Delphi.  They are
not needed in a BDE install and can be deleted from your BDE install

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Re:BDE 5.01 deployment Part 2

Emmanuel,
look at the www.installshield.com web site. They have a technical
documentation on how to remove this error.

Uwe

Emmanuel Samios schrieb in Nachricht <01be0d02$ed702d00$1cb93ecb@osborne>...

>I tried to create an installshield distribution file which includes BDE
>5.01 ( I have D4 with patch 2 & web broker ).
>On attempting to build it, installshield warns me that it cannot find the
>DATAPUMP.EXE file.
>Where can I find this file?
>It does not appear to exist on my system or on the Inprise CD's.

Re:BDE 5.01 deployment Part 2

InstallShield lets you manually add or remove files from
the list of files it uses to build your installation.  I have
been manually removing references to datapump.* as I
have no files by that name on my hard drive or on my
Delphi 4.0 Pro CD.  So far this hasn't caused any problems
on the machines my app has been installed on - all two of
them.

My uninformed guess is that references to Datapump.* are
holdovers from a list of files needed for distribution of earlier
version of the BDE and InstallShield is still referencing that
list.

Rob

Emmanuel Samios wrote:
> I tried to create an installshield distribution file which includes BDE
> 5.01 ( I have D4 with patch 2 & web broker ).
> On attempting to build it, installshield warns me that it cannot find the
> DATAPUMP.EXE file.
> Where can I find this file?
> It does not appear to exist on my system or on the Inprise CD's.

--
Rob Stow
rob~s...@SPAMFREEcnnsimail.com

To reply, replace the tilde with a period
and remove the "SPAMFREE".

Re:BDE 5.01 deployment Part 2

The datapump comes with the C/S version of Delphi only.

--
Bill Todd

Re:BDE 5.01 deployment Part 2

Why not make 'Fake' Datapump.exe ? like rename an test.ico file to
datapump.exe
You don't need the program anyhow.

Better to check the installhield website first, as I think there is a better
solution.

N.Smit
coax...@telekabel.nl

"A good programmer is someone who looks both ways before
 crossing a one-way street."

Emmanuel Samios wrote in message <01be0d02$ed702d00$1cb93ecb@osborne>...
>I tried to create an installshield distribution file which includes BDE
>5.01 ( I have D4 with patch 2 & web broker ).
>On attempting to build it, installshield warns me that it cannot find the
>DATAPUMP.EXE file.
>Where can I find this file?
>It does not appear to exist on my system or on the Inprise CD's.

Other Threads