DOS Printing - Win95 Network

Hi All,

Does anyone out there knows a way of closing a print job in a DOS application running under WIN95
peer-to peer networking?

My problem is trying to print my own DOS application to a shared printer. I have to wait for ages to get the
shared printer to print. I can get it to print immediately if i quit the application after any printing was
performed. I belive this is to do with no closing the print job.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

James

Re:DOS Printing - Win95 Network

James Chieng <h...@tne.net.au> wrote:
>Hi All,
>Does anyone out there knows a way of closing a print job in a DOS application running under WIN95
>peer-to peer networking?
>My problem is trying to print my own DOS application to a shared printer. I have to wait for ages to get the
>shared printer to print. I can get it to print immediately if i quit the application after any printing was
>performed. I belive this is to do with no closing the print job.
>Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
>Thanks
>James

We named our server TUVOC. On the server we have named our printer JANEWAY. In my program I open a
textfile to this device and when I close the file, the spooler wil print the file.

e.g.

Var
        Prn:Text;
Begin