Print large canvas to multiple pages

How can we draw to a large canvas and print part of it on separate
pages?
In other words, it the user selects a scale that's too big for one
sheet, we want to print two, or four pages and paste them together to
get one large hard copy.
Some drawing elements will span the pages, so we can't draw each page
separately.

TIA  - Chuck

Re:Print large canvas to multiple pages

Joe Hecht just released a component that will do that.  Look in the
tirhdparty-tools group for a discription and link to it.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
The correct way to punctuate a sentence that starts: "Of course it is

Re:Print large canvas to multiple pages

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999 20:11:05 -0400, "Jeff Overcash (TeamB)"

<overc...@onramp.net> wrote:
>Joe Hecht just released a component that will do that.  Look in the
>tirhdparty-tools group for a discription and link to it.

I had already sent a check to Joe Hecht this morning. I'm looking
forward to seeing his code.
We don't really want to print forms, rather we want to use the
printer's resolution to get high quality graphics by drawing to the
printer canvas.
What interests me about Joe's component, is how he gets around the
integer limitation.

I'm just sort of floundering around trying to get any input I can.

Using a bitmap big enough to use the printer's resolution seems
impossible because of the size bitmap required.
Drawing directly to the canvas, as long as we stay within integer
values. seems plausable, if I could figure out how to get pieces of it
on separate pages.

If anybody has any input, it's welcome.

- Chuck

>Chuck Herndon wrote:

>> How can we draw to a large canvas and print part of it on separate
>> pages?
>> In other words, it the user selects a scale that's too big for one
>> sheet, we want to print two, or four pages and paste them together to
>> get one large hard copy.
>> Some drawing elements will span the pages, so we can't draw each page
>> separately.

>> TIA  - Chuck

>--
>Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
>      (Please do not email me directly unless  asked. Thank You)
>The correct way to punctuate a sentence that starts: "Of course it is
>none of my business but ~" is to place a period after the word "but".
>Don't use excessive force in supplying such a moron with a period.
>Cutting his throat is only a momentary pleasure and is bound to get
>you talked about.   (RAH)

Other Threads