Oracle and Ref Cursor

Hi All,

I am trying to get a cursor back form an Oracle 8.1.6 database using
ADOExpress and the Oracle OLEDB provider (not the MS provider for Oracle). I
have tried converting the VB sample that comes with the Oracle OLEDB
provider and it seems to work, but returns a empty dataset.

This is the code that I have.

var
 Param1,
  Param2      : TParameter;
  sEmpNoValue    : string;
  RS        : _Recordset;
begin

  ADOConnection1.ConnectionString :=
'Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle.1;Password=tiger;'
                    + 'Persist Security Info=True;User ID=scott;Data
Source=DEV;PLSQLRSet=1;';
  ADOConnection1.Open;

 sEmpNoValue := '10';
 InputQuery('Choose DEpartment', 'Enter a department number (10, 23, or
30)', sEmpNoValue);
  ADOCommand1.Connection := ADOConnection1;
 Param1 := ADOCommand1.Parameters.CreateParameter( 'param1', ftSmallint,
pdInput, 4, EmptyParam);
  Param1.Value := StrToInt(sEmpNoValue);
  Param2 := ADOCommand1.Parameters.CreateParameter( 'param2', ftSmallint,
pdOutput, EmptyParam, EmptyParam);

  ADOCommand1.CommandText := '{CALL
Employees.GetEmpRecords(:param1,:param2)}';

  RS := ADOCommand1.Execute;

  ADODataSet1.Recordset := RS;
  ADODataSet1.Open;

end;

The VB example works fine against the database and returns a record set.

I am using Win2K sp2, MDAC 2.6, ADOExpress with the unofficial MDAC 2.6
update and Oracle 8.1.6.1.

Thanks for any help

Dion