Blobs, Packetsize, FetchBlobsOnDemand gives KeyViolation

Try using TClientDataset => TDataSetProvider => TSQLDataSet.

TSQLClientDataSet is only used for prototyping.

--
Thomas Miller
BSS Accounting & Distribution Software

http://www.bss-software.com

Re:Blobs, Packetsize, FetchBlobsOnDemand gives KeyViolation

> TSQLClientDataSet is only used for prototyping.

Yeah, I red about that one. I can tell you without this component you can
say goodbey to Delphi RAD. Let me be clare, I develop CS applications for 7
years, before that Clipper etc. Once you know what to do and what to do not
in a CS environment you find these components are good to use. If everyone
is going to develop his owne update/insert-coding etc will get even more
bug-rich enduser applications.

For my problem, I am not sure anymore that the problem is in the component.
It was after a fullrebuild of the IBdatabase that the problem went away.
Looks like IB was corrupted, again, I am not sure. It is strange to me
because there was no systemcrash or whatsever which could have corrupted the
database. I am just filling test data (50000 records, big bmp's in blob's
etc)

Greets,
Henk

Re:Blobs, Packetsize, FetchBlobsOnDemand gives KeyViolation

TSQLClientDataSet is only used for prototyping ???

Why ???

"Thomas Miller" <tmil...@bss-software.com> escribi en el mensaje

> Try using TClientDataset => TDataSetProvider => TSQLDataSet.

> TSQLClientDataSet is only used for prototyping.

Re:Blobs, Packetsize, FetchBlobsOnDemand gives KeyViolation

It is a "super" component that actually creates the three separate
components for you.  Unfortunately when the complexity of joining
the three components got hidden from you, so did a lot of the
functionality.  Maybe in D7 they will be able to hide the complexity
and still surface all the capability.

This is a new component concept for D6.

Drakar wrote:
> TSQLClientDataSet is only used for prototyping ???

> Why ???

> "Thomas Miller" <tmil...@bss-software.com> escribi en el mensaje

>>Try using TClientDataset => TDataSetProvider => TSQLDataSet.

>>TSQLClientDataSet is only used for prototyping.

--
Thomas Miller
BSS Accounting & Distribution Software
BSS Enterprise Accounting FrameWork

http://www.bss-software.com

Re:Blobs, Packetsize, FetchBlobsOnDemand gives KeyViolation

What do I lose with this super component?

Thank you Thomas.

> It is a "super" component that actually creates the three separate
> components for you.  Unfortunately when the complexity of joining
> the three components got hidden from you, so did a lot of the
> functionality.  Maybe in D7 they will be able to hide the complexity
> and still surface all the capability.

> This is a new component concept for D6.

> Drakar wrote:

> > TSQLClientDataSet is only used for prototyping ???

> > Why ???

> > "Thomas Miller" <tmil...@bss-software.com> escribi en el mensaje

> >>Try using TClientDataset => TDataSetProvider => TSQLDataSet.

> >>TSQLClientDataSet is only used for prototyping.

> --
> Thomas Miller
> Delphi Client/Server Certified Developer
> BSS Accounting & Distribution Software
> BSS Enterprise Accounting FrameWork

> http://www.bss-software.com

Re:Blobs, Packetsize, FetchBlobsOnDemand gives KeyViolation

Lots.  I haven't used it for a while so I don't remember all of it off
the top of my head.  But start using the separate components.

Drakar wrote:
> What do I lose with this super component?

> Thank you Thomas.

> "Thomas Miller" <tmil...@bss-software.com> escribi en el mensaje

>>It is a "super" component that actually creates the three separate
>>components for you.  Unfortunately when the complexity of joining
>>the three components got hidden from you, so did a lot of the
>>functionality.  Maybe in D7 they will be able to hide the complexity
>>and still surface all the capability.

>>This is a new component concept for D6.

--
Thomas Miller