TListView, ViewStyle=vsReport

How can I prevent the user from attempting to resize columns when
ShowColumnHeaders=True.

Thanks

Mariusz

Re:TListView, ViewStyle=vsReport

Set the MinWidth and MaxWidth of each column
to the same value.

Arne.

Mariusz Horak wrote in message <80rct1$i...@forums.borland.com>...
>How can I prevent the user from attempting to resize columns when
>ShowColumnHeaders=True.

>Thanks

>Mariusz

Re:TListView, ViewStyle=vsReport

Read my question again.

Mariusz

Re:TListView, ViewStyle=vsReport

Re-read Arne's message.
It appears that his suggestion works.
Does it fail for you?

Al Kirk <ak...@jps.net> wrote in message news:38332F55.55CA8481@jps.net...
> Re-read Arne's message.
> It appears that his suggestion works.
> Does it fail for you?

I did not ask how to keep columns width fixed.

If MinWidth = MaxWidth still you can place the mouse over the header and try
to resize the columns.
One of my columns has width 0 to prevent it from being visible.
But when you try to resize it the full column will be visible.

Mariusz Horak wrote:

> I did not ask how to keep columns width fixed.

>If MinWidth = MaxWidth still you can place the mouse over the header >and try to resize the columns.
>One of my columns has width 0 to prevent it from being visible.
>But when you try to resize it the full column will be visible.

Difficult to understand. You would try to prevent column resizing only
to keep the size fixed, no? And of what use is an invisible column in a
GUI?
________
Andreas

Re:TListView, ViewStyle=vsReport

Don't answer if you don't understand.

Mariusz

Re:TListView, ViewStyle=vsReport

> And of what use is an invisible column in a
> GUI?

And now you are ready to ask Borland what the 'Visible' property is for.

Mariusz Horak wrote:

> Don't answer if you don't understand.

> Mariusz

A regrettable lapse of mine, an excess of eagerness to learn
something new.
________
Andreas

Re:TListView, ViewStyle=vsReport

You must be a real charmer at social functions.

-----
To respond via email, be sure to remove "nospam_" from email address.

Re:TListView, ViewStyle=vsReport

This is the real Problem. Consider ListView with 4 colimns and you have
to show or hide third column. How will you do that?

Boris Sandberg

In article <383E4174.8B582...@bvssolitaire.com>, Boris Sandberg wrote:
> This is the real Problem. Consider ListView with 4 colimns and you have
> to show or hide third column. How will you do that?

I do this in one of two ways (although I use the second virtually all the
time now):

 1) Maintain a collection of objects in memory and populate the listview
with the appropriate columns.

 2) Use the TdxTreeList component from Developer Express
(www.devexpress.com) and set the column Visible properties.

 Mike Orriss (TeamB)
 (Unless stated otherwise, my replies relate to Delphi 4.03/5.00)
 (Unsolicited e-mail replies will most likely be ignored)

Other Threads