TP7: direct x?

anyone know if there's a way to do direct x under tp7?

i'm trying to get beyond 320x200x256.

Re:TP7: direct x?

Re:TP7: direct x?

CoGS wrote in message <357A0D8A.3FD06...@aros.net>...
>anyone know if there's a way to do direct x under tp7?

>i'm trying to get beyond 320x200x256.
>Use VESA, this allows you to open 256, high and true colour modes in much

better resolutions. DirectX was developed by Microsoft to entice developers
to move to Win95, and away from DOS altogether... As such, to use it you
need a compiler that is at the very least aware of Win95. Attempting to
access directX from 16-bit DOS real mode (TP7) is simply infeasible. It
*may* be possible, using a huge amount of hacking, but it would be so
unstable and unreliable (as well as messy) that it simply is not worth it.
 That said, DirectX is very nice, very easy, and very fast, and it's
existence is constantly tempting me to leave DOS forever...

--
Lors, Paradice Softare
Christchurch, New Zealand