Master detail + sorting detail table

Hello,

I have two table Clients and Reservations as Master-Detail with Clientno as
key. (Paradox)
The reservations of a client are entered at random. This is e.g. first from
7-1-03 upto 7-15-03 then 5-4-03 upto 5-9-03.
How can I get the detail table that is indexed on Clientno due to the
master-detail relation, sorted by incheck date ?

Thanks,

Hubert

Re:Master detail + sorting detail table

If you are talking about an on screeen relationship then the Detail
file needs an index made of  2 fields: ClientNO; incheck date if you
want to use TTables which is what is recommended for Paradox.

If you use Tqueries it would be different solution but  Tqueries are
not recommended for Paradox tables except for reports.

"Hubert Anemaat" <hub...@anemaat.nl> wrote in message

> Hello,

> I have two table Clients and Reservations as Master-Detail with
Clientno as
> key. (Paradox)
> The reservations of a client are entered at random. This is e.g.
first from
> 7-1-03 upto 7-15-03 then 5-4-03 upto 5-9-03.
> How can I get the detail table that is indexed on Clientno due to
the
> master-detail relation, sorted by incheck date ?

> Thanks,

> Hubert

Re:Master detail + sorting detail table

Thanks,
I use TTables and I have a Tdbgrid for the detail records of the client.

Hubert

Re:Master detail + sorting detail table

So basically you set the detail tables mastersource to the
mastertable's datasource and then on the child (detail) table you set
the fields that relate the 2 tables.

> Thanks,
> I use TTables and I have a Tdbgrid for the detail records of the
client.

> Hubert

Other Threads