Too Many DataBase Open

Hi, I'am an italian programmer.
I'm still using Delphi at 16 bit.
My application uses two aliases for access some data.
The task that I've to do is to extract some data from one alias, and
create the table on the other alias.
Well, when I've lauched some operation on this thos aliases, the program
give me an error "Too many Database Alias". I've tried to set
KeepInactiveConnection to False for the 2nd alias; I have also check out
the BDE configuration.
This problem is very urgent, so PLEASE ANSWER ME!!

roberto torresani
Gread Elettronica srl

Re:Too Many DataBase Open

>Well, when I've lauched some operation on this thos aliases, the program
>give me an error "Too many Database Alias". I've tried to set

You should have no problem using two aliases.  I have many programs
that use 5 or 6.  Are you sure this is an acruate translation of the
Error?  I have never seen an error like this.

Brian
--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Re:Too Many DataBase Open

Brian Bushay TeamB wrote:
> >Well, when I've lauched some operation on this thos aliases, the
> program
> >give me an error "Too many Database Alias". I've tried to set

> You should have no problem using two aliases.  I have many programs
> that use 5 or 6.  Are you sure this is an acruate translation of the
> Error?  I have never seen an error like this.

Of sure, the error show like this "Too many Databases. Alias."
If someone, also at Borland tech support could give me an hand.
The problem is that this program makes a directory tree where a group of
clients log in with a modem and download this database.
Now, until this problem is not resolved, I've to make the preparing
process of this directories in two step (the number of databases created
is a number variable between 25 and 30).
I' dont'make an alias for each of those client. I simply create the
database in a temporary alias (created with a TDataBase component) and
then I copy the whole directory where the alias point to in the
"client's download directory".

Any Yours answer is very appreciate...
Roberto Torresani
Gread Elettronica

Re:Too Many DataBase Open

>Of sure, the error show like this "Too many Databases. Alias."
>If someone, also at Borland tech support could give me an hand.

Sorry but that is not possible.  You are going to have to get your
help on this news group and you are going to have to help by providing
information.

>The problem is that this program makes a directory tree where a group of
>clients log in with a modem and download this database.
>Now, until this problem is not resolved, I've to make the preparing
>process of this directories in two step (the number of databases created
>is a number variable between 25 and 30).

25 is a long ways from the couple you mentioned in your original
message.  Exactly how many does it take for this error to occure?

>I' dont'make an alias for each of those client. I simply create the
>database in a temporary alias (created with a TDataBase component)

Creating a Tdatabase creates a temporary alias.  Is this what you
mean?

>and then I copy the whole directory where the alias point to in the
>"client's download directory".

How do you copy it?  One table at a time?  with what command?

My guess is you are running into one of the limits of BDE  probably
the number of tables you have open.  For additional information on
limits check out this URL
http://loki.borland.com/winbin/bds.exe?getdoc+2751+BDE

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)