Use .QBE query in Delphi 2.0

How can I use a Paradox7 ".QBE" file in Delphi 2.0. I
cut and paste the SQL statement (a select statement with
one inner join) but the performance is really slow. The .QBE
version performs much faster. I also use the same properties
for both. I ran the Microsoft system monitor and set it to
watch disk i/o. The QBE file hit the disk far less then the
SQL equivalent. The SQL version Pegged the disk.
Any Help?

Re:Use .QBE query in Delphi 2.0

Jeff Klavir wrote:

> How can I use a Paradox7 ".QBE" file in Delphi 2.0. I
> cut and paste the SQL statement (a select statement with
> one inner join) but the performance is really slow. The .QBE
> version performs much faster. I also use the same properties
> for both. I ran the Microsoft system monitor and set it to
> watch disk i/o. The QBE file hit the disk far less then the
> SQL equivalent. The SQL version Pegged the disk.
> Any Help?

I'm having similar problems. I was using a freeware QBE component
with 1.0 and it won't recompile under 2.0. So I switched everything
to 2.0 SQL TQueries and it's SO much slower (like four to six times
slower by my subjective calculations).

Also, I posted this last week but never got an answer, can anyone
tell me the correct way to do a SQL not-in query (i.e., select all
the records from A that don't appear in B)? Thanks!

--
Grant (Carpenter)
gr...@tiac.net               http://www.tiac.net/users/grant/

Re:Use .QBE query in Delphi 2.0

Grant Carpenter wrote:

> Jeff Klavir wrote:

> > How can I use a Paradox7 ".QBE" file in Delphi 2.0. I
> > cut and paste the SQL statement (a select statement with
> > one inner join) but the performance is really slow. The .QBE
> > version performs much faster. I also use the same properties
> > for both. I ran the Microsoft system monitor and set it to
> > watch disk i/o. The QBE file hit the disk far less then the
> > SQL equivalent. The SQL version Pegged the disk.
> > Any Help?

> I'm having similar problems. I was using a freeware QBE component
> with 1.0 and it won't recompile under 2.0. So I switched everything
> to 2.0 SQL TQueries and it's SO much slower (like four to six times
> slower by my subjective calculations).

> Also, I posted this last week but never got an answer, can anyone
> tell me the correct way to do a SQL not-in query (i.e., select all
> the records from A that don't appear in B)? Thanks!

> --
> Grant (Carpenter)
> gr...@tiac.net               http://www.tiac.net/users/grant/

You can assign a *.QBE file to a TTable's table name property. One you
open the TTable component it will give you the resulting answer table.
SInce QBE file does not show up in the list you have to type it in
manualy.

Re:Use .QBE query in Delphi 2.0

Don't know about Delphi 2.0, but with 1.0, setting a TTable's name
property to a QBE file works great, with one caveat. Any data controls
using this TTable will be read-only. Anyone coming from Paradox will
understand this, as almost all Paradox queries creat a n answer table, and
are not live. So If you are on a network, and you have access to IDAPI,
you've got a great mechanism for doing quick summations and the like. It's
almost like having a non-local SQL server!
Brad Miller
Timeoil...@aol.com

Re:Use .QBE query in Delphi 2.0

I have the tqbe component i think you are talking about, but i have
modified it to a tqbestream which takes a list of queries
that can be executed as a series or a single query selected from the
series. it supports intermediate procedure calling between query
executions. I am currently debugging it for delphi 2.0 if anyone is
interested please let me know. If anyone is debugging the current tqbe
component let me know as well.

Joseph Vella
A Software Company International Inc. - Delphi Developers
RR1 Palgrave Ontario L0N 1P0 CANADA 905-936-9100 FAX 936-9099
1959 Bellanca Cruisemaster ( My Sweetie)