SqlServer 6.0 and Delphi

In article <48ph33$...@iliana.csl.sni.be>, David.Brab...@csl.sni.be
says...

>Please, help me to convince my boss that Delphi is the tool we need :-)

>I would like to access a SqlServer 6.0 database from Delphi through
>an ODBC driver. I don't have the C/S edition, so I can't use the
>native SQL Link driver.

>I've installed the 16bit ODBC driver and I can access SqlServer through
>all my 16bit applications without any glitches ... excepted Delphi. So,
>guess the problem comes from BDE, but I can't find it.

>I can connect to the server, but when I try to use a table, for
instance,
>the only tables Delphi shows are some system tables, not the one I've
>defined in my DB. Am I doing something wrong on the SQL server side ?
>(I've double-checked permissions and stuffs like that). Or in the
>ODBC configuration (I've set the database field to my database's name) ?

>Could you explain, step by step, what I need to do to connect a
>SQLServer database through an ODBC driver ?

>Many thanks to all

>David

I have had the same problem with Oracle and what I fould was that I had
to log into the database with the user name that created the tables -
just having permission has not enough. There is probably another
solution, but that is all I have come up with so far.

Greg

Re:SqlServer 6.0 and Delphi

In <495q7p$...@daryl.scsn.net> your-lo...@scsn.net (Your Full Name) writes:

>I have had the same problem with Oracle and what I fould was that I had
>to log into the database with the user name that created the tables -
>just having permission has not enough. There is probably another
>solution, but that is all I have come up with so far.

I solved this problem in SQLServer by creating a new user that had only
access to the desired tables, and no others. He did not have to be the owner
of the tables for it to work.

Hope this helps.

--
G.S.Egilsson                |