ANSI Pascal Order of Evaluation

ALBINALI4 wrote:

> I need your help. Does pascal specify any order of evaluation for
> expressions. For example, in C a statement like a[i]=i++ has an
> undefined order of evaluation. In pascal something like
> k:=k+func(&k); and say func has a side effect changing k ... does
> the standard specify exactly what will happen in that case.

I don't really know.  I do know I would never write such an
expression, just because there are multiple possibilities.  You
can get a copy of the standard (ISO 7185 standard or ISO 10206 for
ExtendedPasca;) and check for yourself.  They are available for
free download.  Post your conclusions and the applicable sections
right here.

Pascal is *always* capitalized.

Don't multi-post.  Cross posting (as I have done here) allows news
readers to make sane decisions, and reduces unnecessary traffic.

--
Chuck F (cbfalco...@yahoo.com) (cbfalco...@XXXXworldnet.att.net)
   (Remove "XXXX" from reply address. yahoo works unmodified)