Making a connection to ORACLE7

I have an application made in Delphi 1.0 Client/Server which
handles picture convertered from a Photo-cd into BLOB's in my
Paradox table, and to Jpeg's on the locale disk.

Now the customer has bought a UNIX maskin and installed ORACLE7 on
it. I have now startet to convert my progam so that it uses the
ORACLE7 database insted of Paradox. The BLOB's will have to
go into the database and I'll use FTP to store with JPEG picture files.

In the near future this database will be made searchable on the
INTERNETT.

My problem is that I'll have to connect myself to the
database trough TCP/IP. The database is 200 kilometers away. I know that
this is possble. I'v got an trail version of Peronal Oracle7 for win95
and
Developer/2000 and Power Objects.

By the way, I'm using win95, and I'v got Delphi 1.0 and Delphi 2.0
Client/Server. But my application is made in Delphi 1.0. This is
the version I must use.

What I'm thinking is that when I'v connected myself to the ORACLE7 I can
setup my database. After doing is I connect my application Delphi 1.0
Clint/Server
to the ORACLE7 database.

SO I HAVE 2 PROBLEMS

        1 getting connected to the database using PERSONAL ORACLE7 OR
DEVELOPER/2000 OR
          POWER OBJECTS.

        2 USING THE BDE AND DELPI 1.0 CLIENT/SERVER AND GETTING
CONNECTED TO
THE
          ORACLE 7 DATABASE.

It would by very helpfull if you have any input for me

Dag ?verby
OSLO, NORAWAY

dove...@sn.no