actionlist why, why not ?

Hi ,
Has anybody some workexperience with actionlists ?

Re:actionlist why, why not ?

Sociaal Verzekeringsfonds VEV wrote:
> Hi ,
> Has anybody some workexperience with actionlists ?

It's not the fastest way to get your job done (the first time).  But
when you need to rearrange menus, buttoms, etc;, you think "Thank God
there's ActionLists".

Re:actionlist why, why not ?

Hello

I'm new to actionlist myself, but the little experience I have with it is so
good that I'll use it where I can (and where it is adequate)

It comes in handy if you need to assign a certain procedure to several
objects (like an 'open' procedure to the menuitem and the toolbutton).  You
can set the properties for those 2 in 1 pass.
I believe the main purpose for this component is to make your code less
'HUGE' :)

If you need some examples, you mail me :)

Jan Jacobs

TsjaT...@hotmail.com

Re:actionlist why, why not ?

>It comes in handy if you need to assign a certain procedure to several
>objects (like an 'open' procedure to the menuitem and the toolbutton).  You

...and don't forget the properties that can be set, including ImageIndex,
Checked, Enabled and others.  But my favorite part of ActionLists is the
OnUpdate event. Of course, you will want to keep the code small here, but
for enabling items, setting visible, etc., based on the State of a TDataSet,
it has really simplified things for me.

--jd

Other Threads