Board index » delphi » BDE errors 9475 [$25] [$03] and 9476 [$25] [$04]

BDE errors 9475 [$25] [$03] and 9476 [$25] [$04]

Hi,

even after updating to the current BDE 5.2 version I'm running into the
following problems with a huge (6,783,355 records, 618 MB .db, .mb and
indices) Paradox 7.0 table:

============
error messages
  9475  [$25] [$03]  Zu wenig Festplattenspeicher
  9476  [$25] [$04]  Keine Ressourcen mehr fr tempor?re Tabellen
verfgbar

The bde.int says:
  ERRBASE_LIMIT                 = $2500;  { Resource or Limit error }

  ERRCODE_NODISKSPACE           = 3;      { Not enough Disk space }
  ERRCODE_NOTEMPTBLSPACE        = 4;      { Temporary Table resource limit

Quote
}

============

The first error message 9475 (not enough disk space) is funny, because I
have plenty (> 4 GB) of space free. But I figured out, that if I decrease
the amount of free space a little under 4 GB everything is ok. I recognize
this problem since BDE 4.xx and I'm wondering that it's still there.

But what the heck is this 9476 (not enough resources for temporary tables)
error message about? What is "resources"? Does it relate to a specific BDE
configuration value, if yes, which one?

TIA
Markus Drck

 

Re:BDE errors 9475 [$25] [$03] and 9476 [$25] [$04]


Make sure that you have the block size for the Paradox driver set to
the the largest block size you are using for any of your tables.

You are about 5,000,000 records past the point where I would expect to
have some kind of problem with a Paradox table.<g>

--
Bill (TeamB)
(TeamB cannot respond to questions received via email)

Re:BDE errors 9475 [$25] [$03] and 9476 [$25] [$04]


check the bde and .db limitations :

http://www.bdesupport.com/samples/bdespecs.htm

JM

"Markus Drck" <Markus-Dru...@airport-manager.de> a crit dans le message
news: 3E1EE07A.B498F__BEGIN_MASK_n#9g02mG7!__...__END_MASK_i?a63jfAD$z__@airport-manager.de...

Quote
> Hi,

> even after updating to the current BDE 5.2 version I'm running into the
> following problems with a huge (6,783,355 records, 618 MB .db, .mb and
> indices) Paradox 7.0 table:

> ============
> error messages
>   9475  [$25] [$03]  Zu wenig Festplattenspeicher
>   9476  [$25] [$04]  Keine Ressourcen mehr fr tempor?re Tabellen
> verfgbar

> The bde.int says:
>   ERRBASE_LIMIT                 = $2500;  { Resource or Limit error }

>   ERRCODE_NODISKSPACE           = 3;      { Not enough Disk space }
>   ERRCODE_NOTEMPTBLSPACE        = 4;      { Temporary Table resource limit
> }
> ============

> The first error message 9475 (not enough disk space) is funny, because I
> have plenty (> 4 GB) of space free. But I figured out, that if I decrease
> the amount of free space a little under 4 GB everything is ok. I recognize
> this problem since BDE 4.xx and I'm wondering that it's still there.

> But what the heck is this 9476 (not enough resources for temporary tables)
> error message about? What is "resources"? Does it relate to a specific BDE
> configuration value, if yes, which one?

> TIA
> Markus Drck

Re:BDE errors 9475 [$25] [$03] and 9476 [$25] [$04]


Hi Jean-Michel,

Quote
> check the bde and .db limitations :

> http://www.bdesupport.com/samples/bdespecs.htm

 Thx for this hint. But as far as I can see, I'm in all of these limits.

Quote
> JM

> "Markus Drck" <Markus-Dru...@airport-manager.de> a crit dans le message
> news: 3E1EE07A.B498F__BEGIN_MASK_n#9g02mG7!__...__END_MASK_i?a63jfAD$z__@airport-manager.de...
> > Hi,

> > even after updating to the current BDE 5.2 version I'm running into the
> > following problems with a huge (6,783,355 records, 618 MB .db, .mb and
> > indices) Paradox 7.0 table:

> > ============
> > error messages
> >   9475  [$25] [$03]  Zu wenig Festplattenspeicher
> >   9476  [$25] [$04]  Keine Ressourcen mehr fr tempor?re Tabellen
> > verfgbar

> > The bde.int says:
> >   ERRBASE_LIMIT                 = $2500;  { Resource or Limit error }

> >   ERRCODE_NODISKSPACE           = 3;      { Not enough Disk space }
> >   ERRCODE_NOTEMPTBLSPACE        = 4;      { Temporary Table resource limit
> > }
> > ============

> > The first error message 9475 (not enough disk space) is funny, because I
> > have plenty (> 4 GB) of space free. But I figured out, that if I decrease
> > the amount of free space a little under 4 GB everything is ok. I recognize
> > this problem since BDE 4.xx and I'm wondering that it's still there.

> > But what the heck is this 9476 (not enough resources for temporary tables)
> > error message about? What is "resources"? Does it relate to a specific BDE
> > configuration value, if yes, which one?

> > TIA
> > Markus Drck

--
Markus Drck

Re:BDE errors 9475 [$25] [$03] and 9476 [$25] [$04]


Hi Bill,

Quote
> Make sure that you have the block size for the Paradox driver set to
> the the largest block size you are using for any of your tables.

 I'm using the largest block size (32768). The maximum of records for this
table is 24,641,536. So, this is far away from 6,783,355.

Quote
> You are about 5,000,000 records past the point where I would expect to
> have some kind of problem with a Paradox table.<g>

 This is not the biggest Paradox table I'm using, all the others run with
no problem.

Thx for your reply.

Markus Drck

Other Threads