Rebuild library in D3

I need to change captions that appear in message boxes like
'Warning', 'Information', called with messageDlg for example.

I have already done that in D1 changing the contents of file CONSTS.INT.
Then i run 'Rebuild library' from 'Options menu' to generate CONSTS.DCU.

In D3 i don't know how to rebuild library (generate CONSTS.DCU from
CONSTS.INT)

Thanks for your help.

Marques

Re:Rebuild library in D3

Hi, you can't rebuild the library in D3. But, you CAN take whatever units
you want to modify and either put them in the same directory as your
project or in the Library search path (for example, make a folder called
"Patched" and put that in your library path as the FIRST item, so it's
contents are used before Borland's).

Using this method gives you a lot of freedom to make almost any change you
want. Hope this helps you.

----------
Marques <d...@mail.telepac.pt> wrote in article
<01bcd2af$cbf3e600$c2c941c2@main>...

> I need to change captions that appear in message boxes like
> 'Warning', 'Information', called with messageDlg for example.

Re:Rebuild library in D3

You can translate the messages and captions in the delphi 3 VCL without
rebuilding the runtime package. Since the VCL is a delphi app at startup it
looks for localization information in a resource DLL with the same name as
the application but with an extension based on the installed windows
version. All you need to do is rip the string resources out of VCL30.DPL
(with a resource editor) create a new resource file and include this file
in a resouce localization DLL. for more info see the online helpfiles. (I
suspect Borland will be publishing their own translations in a kind of
Delphi 3 translation pack someday).

Marques <d...@mail.telepac.pt> schreef in artikel

> I need to change captions that appear in message boxes like
> 'Warning', 'Information', called with messageDlg for example.
> Marques

Other Threads