compact/repair access databases

Hello!

I am looking for a handy way to repair and compact an access database
without running access.  I was using ole automation to create an instance
of a DBEngine object and calling the compact and repair methods, but this
only works on machines with a design time license installed for access.  I
don't want to run access using command line options because I have my
security set using a database password instead of individual user accounts.

Any advice?

Victor Ambruso
bc...@epix.net

Re:compact/repair access databases

Victor,

See whether you can't do it via ODBC.

Victor Ambruso wrote in message <01bcf8dc$229adfc0$04010101@victora>...
>Hello!

>I am looking for a handy way to repair and compact an access database
>without running access.  I was using ole automation to create an instance
>of a DBEngine object and calling the compact and repair methods, but this
>only works on machines with a design time license installed for access.  I
>don't want to run access using command line options because I have my
>security set using a database password instead of individual user accounts.

>Any advice?

>Victor Ambruso
>bc...@epix.net

Other Threads