Board index » delphi » dBase, looking for source code

dBase, looking for source code

Hi

Can anybody help me with some sourcecode/units to read/write dBase with BP70
in real-mode.

Thanks
Otto

 

Re:dBase, looking for source code


Quote
Otto Baumann wrote:

> Can anybody help me with some sourcecode/units to read/write dBase with
> BP70 in real-mode.

There is an article in the TP-links, source chapter, from
"Antivivisection". It can be found also in the 1QA articles
of the FAQ page.

Another interesting approach is a sold product, but sorry,
I forgot the name of the company, it starts with "T". A link
is found in the "information" (? or "www" chapter).
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/2926/tpf.html
--
Franz Glaser, Glasau 3, A-4191 Vorderweissenbach Austria +43-7219-7035-0
Muehlviertler Elektronik Glaser.  Industrial control and instrumentation
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://members.eunet.at/meg-glaser/           mailto:meg-gla...@eunet.at
http://www.geocities.com/~franzglaser/ http://members.xoom.com/f_glaser/

Re:dBase, looking for source code


On Tue, 06 Apr 1999 21:56:03 +0200, Ing. Franz Glaser <meg-gla...@eunet.at>
wrote:

Quote
>Otto Baumann wrote:

>> Can anybody help me with some sourcecode/units to read/write dBase with
>> BP70 in real-mode.

>There is an article in the TP-links, source chapter, from
>"Antivivisection". It can be found also in the 1QA articles
>of the FAQ page.

>Another interesting approach is a sold product, but sorry,
>I forgot the name of the company, it starts with "T". A link
>is found in the "information" (? or "www" chapter).
>http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/2926/tpf.html

Hi Franz -

Perhaps you're thinking of Topaz? This is a great set of dBase file access
routines by a company called Software Science. http://www.softsci.com/

I've been using these libraries for many years and think they're great. Our
payroll is processed with them, our Medicaid billing is done with them,
various monthly and quarterly statistics programs, etc etc.

They include screen access and user interface tools, NDX compatible
indexes, memo fields, tons of utility routines, multi-user capability, and
more. Full source code provided, which can be compiled for TP, BP, DOS,
Win, Delphi. They also have a C++ version, just for kicks. =)

Cheers, Todd

Re:dBase, looking for source code


On Tue, 6 Apr 1999 20:01:03 +0200, Otto Baumann

Quote
<o...@innovativesoftware.dk> wrote:
>Hi

>Can anybody help me with some sourcecode/units to read/write dBase with BP70
>in real-mode.

>Thanks
>Otto

Hi Otto -

Check out the info about Topaz in my reply to Franz, and/or go to
www.softsci.com, the Software Science web site for more.

Also, I've just been working on a very simple dBase file access unit to
help with some y2k conversion stuff here. I'd be happy to share ideas with
you.

Finally, make sure to get the DBF and xbase file formats from
www.wotsit.org, tons of good info there.

Cheers, Todd

Other Threads