Delphi & NT

Hi,

Is there anyone who has managed to get Delphi 1 (v2 is 'in the post'
according to Borland) working under NT.

Specifically, we installed NT, re-installed Delphi and then went to
re-install a couple of .vbxs. Every time it comes back with a
message, from Delphi, <Could not load foo.vbx. Make sure directory is on
path.>

Ok, seems simple enough. Add path to Delphi Environment, add path
to Control Panel|Systems|Path. I've got copies of the .vbx all over
my disk and pathnames in upper and lower case (just in case) but it
still comes back with the same message.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Ian Jennings                    i...@sys.uea.ac.uk
School of Information Systems
University of East Anglia
Norwich                             01603 592878
England
     http://hector.sys.uea.ac.uk/~ij/welcome.htm

Re:Delphi & NT

                                 ************************************

> my disk and pathnames in upper and lower case (just in case) but it
> still comes back with the same message.

Just a guess, but might that be the problem in itself? NT will whinge if you
have multiple copies of a DLL accessible (or multiple paths to the same one)
and it's just possible the same may happen with VBXs

Steve Rencontre               |  st...@dstrip.demon.co.uk (business)
If it works, it's obsolete.   |  steve...@cix.compulink.co.uk (private)

Re:Delphi & NT

Ian Jennings <i.jenni...@uea.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi,

> Is there anyone who has managed to get Delphi 1 (v2 is 'in the post'
> according to Borland) working under NT.

> Specifically, we installed NT, re-installed Delphi and then went to
> re-install a couple of .vbxs. Every time it comes back with a
> message, from Delphi, <Could not load foo.vbx. Make sure directory is on
> path.>

> Ok, seems simple enough. Add path to Delphi Environment, add path
> to Control Panel|Systems|Path. I've got copies of the .vbx all over
> my disk and pathnames in upper and lower case (just in case) but it
> still comes back with the same message.

> Any help would be most appreciated.

Never had such problems... This may or may not help, but we found
it *crucial* to be running Delphi in its own memory space (alt-tab
the icon and click the "Run in Separate Memory Space).  If not
all sorts of 'upredictable' events happened.

hth,

Chris Kasten
Programmer/Analyst

#include <std/disclaimer.h>
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Re:Delphi & NT

I got  similar message when I was installing components into delphi.  The
problem is that delphi's path is limited to 127 chars, which will easily
run out.  Try putting all your vbx's/components into a single directory
that isn't too long and try again (remebering to clear the path except
for the c:\delphi\lib - so that the standard components don't get lost)

On Wed, 8 May 1996, Ian Jennings wrote:
> Hi,

> Is there anyone who has managed to get Delphi 1 (v2 is 'in the post'
> according to Borland) working under NT.

> Specifically, we installed NT, re-installed Delphi and then went to
> re-install a couple of .vbxs. Every time it comes back with a
> message, from Delphi, <Could not load foo.vbx. Make sure directory is on
> path.>

Re:Delphi & NT

In article <31908bd3.79761...@news.brookings.net>,

kas...@brookings.net (Chris Kasten) wrote:
>> Specifically, we installed NT, re-installed Delphi and then went to
>> re-install a couple of .vbxs. Every time it comes back with a
>> message, from Delphi, <Could not load foo.vbx. Make sure directory is on
>> path.>

Check to see whether BIVBX11.DLL is in your path or not.

--
=\
 *=- R.Moberg, CD-Player Pro info @ http://www.sn.no/~mobergru/

Re:Delphi & NT

Ian Jennings wrote:

> Hi,

> Is there anyone who has managed to get Delphi 1 (v2 is 'in the post'
> according to Borland) working under NT.

> Specifically, we installed NT, re-installed Delphi and then went to
> re-install a couple of .vbxs. Every time it comes back with a
> message, from Delphi, <Could not load foo.vbx. Make sure directory is on
> path.>

> Ok, seems simple enough. Add path to Delphi Environment, add path
> to Control Panel|Systems|Path. I've got copies of the .vbx all over
> my disk and pathnames in upper and lower case (just in case) but it
> still comes back with the same message.

> Any help would be most appreciated.

> --
> Ian Jennings                    i...@sys.uea.ac.uk
> School of Information Systems
> University of East Anglia
> Norwich                             01603 592878
> England
>      http://hector.sys.uea.ac.uk/~ij/welcome.htm

You probably checked this out, but if you haven't...
Did the same log on person install both the vbx's and delphi? If not
suggest you check out the permissioning of the vbx files (I have had
similar problems in the past, especially when I've moved previously
installed files). Log on as Admin, and go to the highest level of the
vbx directory and sap the permissions, change them to full(rwxd....etc).

Hope it helps

Simon

Other Threads