Adjusting text for screen resolution

When I run my Delphi application at another resolution, the
text in my forms is clipped off and looks funky.  The
application is designed at 1024x768, but running it at
800x600 or 640x480 causes the text to appear in a different
proportion to their designed size.  Heights are clipped,
ends of text lines are lopped off, etc.

Is there a global command that will allow me to readjust the
size of text in many different forms when the monitor resolution
is detected? (I have about 50 forms in this application, so I
don't want to redefine font sizes for each individually).

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions,

   Jeff Jones

  800x600 or 640

Re:Adjusting text for screen resolution

jjo...@black.clarku.edu (Jeff Jones) wrote:
>When I run my Delphi application at another resolution, the
>text in my forms is clipped off and looks funky.  The
>application is designed at 1024x768, but running it at
>800x600 or 640x480 causes the text to appear in a different
>proportion to their designed size.  Heights are clipped,
>ends of text lines are lopped off, etc.

What you need to do is set your Font Property called PITCH to be
Variable, this will get rid of the problems where text (and any other
control) gets lopped off.  (Set it at the Form Level).

Brien King
bk...@primenet.com

Other Threads