Need Help Trapping Ctrl-Alt-Del

I have a rehab program running under Pascal 5.5 which requires the trapping
of Ctrl-Alt-Del.  I have to prevent the user from rebooting using this
sequence.  Can anyone give me some clues or some references on where to
start.  Any help would be appreciated.

You can reply here or via Email at cnma...@voicenet.com

Thanks!
Cary M.

Re:Need Help Trapping Ctrl-Alt-Del

In article <01bbaccd$4fc4eec0$c1076...@cnmarzi.voicenet.com>,

Cary Marzinsky <cnma...@voicenet.com> wrote:

:I have a rehab program running under Pascal 5.5 which requires the trapping
:of Ctrl-Alt-Del.  I have to prevent the user from rebooting using this
:sequence.  Can anyone give me some clues or some references on where to

 105100 Sep 14 1996 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip
 tsfaqp.zip Common Turbo Pascal Questions and Timo's answers

46. *****
 Q: How does one disable alt-ctrl-del?

 A: I can only give a pointer to source code. Take a look at
 4067 Jul 1 1993 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/turbopa7/cadthf10.zip
 cadthf10.zip CadThief TP6+ unit for trapping ctrl+alt+del, M.Hanninen
and
 30673 Oct 13 1987 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/turbopas/keyint.zip
 keyint.zip Disable alt-ctrl-del + other int09h TP tricks, N.Rubenking
and
 7105 Apr 19 1995 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/turbopa7/cad_int9.zip
 cad_int9.zip Disable Ctrl-Alt-Del via new TP kb interrupt, J.Robertson
Also see Lou Duchez's source code in TSR.SWG examples in the fine
SWAG (SourceWare Archival Group's) collection of TP sources.
Available from the /pc/turbopas directory at Garbo. For the current
references to the SWAG files see ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/INDEX.ZIP.
   I have utilized alt-ctrl-del disabling at least in one of my own
programs (PESTIKID.EXE). The code is not available, but the general
idea is replacing the old keyboard interrupt ($09) with a handler of
one's own. If the handler detects alt-ctrl-del, the keyboard is
reset, else the handler is chained back to the original interrupt.
The chaining requires a rather complicated inline procedure provided
in TurboPower Software's kit. An additional complication is that the
del keypress must be intercepted already at the relevant port $60,
and the alt and ctrl status must be tested, so that the rebooting
will not be invoked. Resetting the keyboard requires accessing the
$20 and $61 ports.

   All the best, Timo

mailto:t...@uwasa.fi  <URL:http://uwasa.fi/~ts>  ; FIN-65101,  Finland

Other Threads