Local SQL, works in MS SQL, not in local SQL

This works with SQL2000

SELECT Month(birth_date)
FROM sometable

Dose not work againest a dBase table

SELECT Month(birth_date)
FROM "c:\somefolder\sometable.dbf"

When sometable is a SQL table no problem
When sometable is a dbase table, it does not like the Month function.

The On line help List Month, Day and Year as valid Local SQL
Thanks

Re:Local SQL, works in MS SQL, not in local SQL

Vania <Mich...@winvotes.com> wrote in message

> The On line help List Month, Day and Year as valid Local SQL

Which help?  I cannot find it in my D5 Local SQL Guide.  All I find is the
Extract function.

Here is the example in the online Local SQL Guide:

SELECT SaleDate,
  EXTRACT(YEAR FROM saledate) AS YY,
  EXTRACT(MONTH FROM saledate) AS MM,
  EXTRACT(DAY FROM saledate) AS DD
FROM Orders

Ping Kam

Re:Local SQL, works in MS SQL, not in local SQL

The on line help.
But thanks,
I will try this tonight
Ping Kam wrote:
> Vania <Mich...@winvotes.com> wrote in message
> > The On line help List Month, Day and Year as valid Local SQL

> Which help?  I cannot find it in my D5 Local SQL Guide.  All I find is the
> Extract function.

> Here is the example in the online Local SQL Guide:

> SELECT SaleDate,
>   EXTRACT(YEAR FROM saledate) AS YY,
>   EXTRACT(MONTH FROM saledate) AS MM,
>   EXTRACT(DAY FROM saledate) AS DD