Library Not Registered & Interface not supported

Hi,

I'm getting strange problems when I try connect a client exe to an exe
server of mine on certain machines. On one machine I get Library Not
Registered and on another, Interface not supported. Refresh my memory,
but don't exe servers automatically register themselves every time the
app is run? Should I also distribute the .tlb and register it explicitly
to make sure the interfaces are truly registered with the system? If a
.tlb uses stdvcl40.dll in the uses tab, do distribute that too? It's
maddening...

TIA,

Robert

Re:Library Not Registered & Interface not supported

If your type library references another type library, you'll need to deploy
(install and register) the referenced type library on the target machine.

have fun
--
Binh Ly
http://www.techvanguards.com

"Robert Barr" <b...@unm.edu> wrote in message

> Hi,

> I'm getting strange problems when I try connect a client exe to an exe
> server of mine on certain machines. On one machine I get Library Not
> Registered and on another, Interface not supported. Refresh my memory,
> but don't exe servers automatically register themselves every time the
> app is run? Should I also distribute the .tlb and register it explicitly
> to make sure the interfaces are truly registered with the system? If a
> .tlb uses stdvcl40.dll in the uses tab, do distribute that too? It's
> maddening...

> TIA,

> Robert

Other Threads