Interbase Express Download

I have Delphi 5 enterprise, Interbase 6 opensource. While looking for some
useful components for Interbase backup and installing, I found IBX
components. This IBX download adds an additional "Interbase Admin Tab". Why
isnt this one added by default when installing Delphi?

Found it at:
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/interbase/opensource/#ibx

Why is there a separate download for this? Anyway, it doesnt work properly.
First it seems to be in conflict with other components. It can't find all
procedure addresses, and the install component seems to need some dll.

Can anyone give me a pointer to document on this or explain briefly?

Regards

/Jonas

Re:Interbase Express Download

Download the latest IBX version at
http://codecentral.borland.com/codecentral/ccweb.exe/author?authorid=102.  The
Admin stuff didn't come in D5 because D5 was release more than 6 months before
the planned release of IB 6.0 and 13 months before the actual release of IB 6.0
open source.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   | Talk about failure
(Please do not email    | To fall is not to fail

Other Threads