Changing character set

Can i (properly) change character set for existing database? Where i should
read this information?

Michael

Re:Changing character set

You can change the character set of the database by using the "SET NAMES" - statement. For more information you may look at the "Interbase SQL Reference".

Re:Changing character set

> You can change the character set of the database by using the "SET

NAMES" - statement. For more information you may look at the "Interbase SQL
Reference".

I means, how to change character sets of all tables in my database and
default character set of database, that already have character set none.

Re:Changing character set

Michael Polozoff wrote:
> I means, how to change character sets of all tables in my database and
> default character set of database, that already have character set none.

Create a new database with the chosen character set and pump the data
over.
Otherwise, you would probably have to create new domains and change the
definition of every field (if you're using IB/6 (or FB)).

Regards,
Aage J.

Re:Changing character set

Thank you.
Done successfully.

Michael.

> Create a new database with the chosen character set and pump the data
> over.
> Otherwise, you would probably have to create new domains and change the
> definition of every field (if you're using IB/6 (or FB)).

> Regards,
> Aage J.

Other Threads