How to write a database multi-user application

Hello

I would like to learn how to write a multi-user database application with
delphi.
What is the method to allow several users to use a single database software
?
how could I be sure to maintain the logical integrity of my database ?

does it exist on the net a technical paper to learn it ?

should I use transactions or mutex ?

thank you

Patrick

Re:How to write a database multi-user application

This is a really big question... :o)
Here are some of my thoughts to help you get started.

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001 17:39:35 +0200, "ALLOUCHE Patrick"

<se...@{*word*104}cable.fr> wrote:
>Hello

>I would like to learn how to write a multi-user database application with
>delphi.
>What is the method to allow several users to use a single database software?

I'm not sure what your question is here, so here is a partial answer:
Delphi creates programs that do this with practically any DB, both
desktop (Paradox, Access) and client/server (Interbase, MSSQL, Oracle)

>how could I be sure to maintain the logical integrity of my database ?

Much of this is built in the Delphi components

>does it exist on the net a technical paper to learn it ?

There are several good books available, both on SQL in general and
Delphi database programming. The online help plus the demo programs
that come with Delphi are very good, especially to answer "how do I
use this component" questions.
>should I use transactions or mutex ?

Don't have an opinion...  Someone?

>thank you

>Patrick

HTH,
Dan

Dan Brennand
CMDC systems, inc.
Configuration Management and Document Control:
visit us at www.cmdcsystems.com
[SPAM block: change at to @ in my e-mail address]

Other Threads