MDI application with an added form

I need to create an MDI application that contains an additional form on the right side of the main window. I need this form to stay put while I switch between the MDI children, so I don't want it to be an MDI child.

I have created this form (fsNormal rather than fsMDIChild), aligned it to the right, added a splitter to control its size. Now I can do everything I need except that I can't find a way to take the focus away from the active MDI child and give this form the focus so it can handle the keyboard input.

Thanks in advance,

John Morton
Hyland Software
jmor...@hylandsoftware.com

Re:MDI application with an added form

Try adding a panel to the main form(The MDI parent) and align it left.  Then
you can either design your interace on that panel, or you can merge the form
onto the panel usinfg Manual Dock.  This way the panel is part of the MDI
parent and you will get a scroll bar if a child is pushed "under" the form.

John Morton <jmor...@hylandsoftware.com> wrote in message

> I need to create an MDI application that contains an additional form on

the right side of the main window. I need this form to stay put while I
switch between the MDI children, so I don't want it to be an MDI child.

> I have created this form (fsNormal rather than fsMDIChild), aligned it to

the right, added a splitter to control its size. Now I can do everything I
need except that I can't find a way to take the focus away from the active
MDI child and give this form the focus so it can handle the keyboard input.

> Thanks in advance,

> John Morton
> Hyland Software
> jmor...@hylandsoftware.com