Database Problems

Hi All
I have made some programs which we use in our office (about 5 of them),
Some of the Paradox Database files are shared like Staff names and login and
clients name and address, and the others are in different folders on the
Network,

 The problems we are getting are when someone is in one of the programs and
some else access another program they some times get messages saying record
locks and lock by another user or can not even get into the programs saying
something like Paradox.net is being used by a user. . . .

How can I stop this, I have tried on some of the programs to write a text
file when someone is in one of the programs saying please wait until "user
name" has finished but when others want to use the programs they have to
wait.

It is getting to a stag now when only I person can use these programs at a
time

Please Help. . . . . . .

Thank You
Steve

St...@Gilril.co.uk

http://www.gilril.co.uk/

Re:Database Problems

This has probably been covered a _lot_ of times on this newsgroup (and others).
Try to find some old post.  Maybe there is something on Borlands web site.  Try
the paradox groups on cnews.corel.com as well, there should be some faqs.
Usually, it boils down to the NetDir setting in the BDE.

Aage J.
(sorry for been so short)

Stephen Riley wrote:
> Hi All
> I have made some programs which we use in our office (about 5 of them),
> Some of the Paradox Database files are shared like Staff names and login and
> clients name and address, and the others are in different folders on the
> Network,

>  The problems we are getting are when someone is in one of the programs and
> some else access another program they some times get messages saying record
> locks and lock by another user or can not even get into the programs saying
> something like Paradox.net is being used by a user. . . .

> How can I stop this, I have tried on some of the programs to write a text
> file when someone is in one of the programs saying please wait until "user
> name" has finished but when others want to use the programs they have to
> wait.

> It is getting to a stag now when only I person can use these programs at a
> time

> Please Help. . . . . . .

> Thank You
> Steve

> St...@Gilril.co.uk

> http://www.gilril.co.uk/

Re:Database Problems

Look at the Technical Instructions (TIs)and FAQs on the Borland
community web site.

Everyone has to have the correct access to the net.cfg file.

Mike Sapsard

Other Threads