Export table to text file

I am trying to export data from a Paradox 7 table to a fixed length text
file.  Is there an SQL statement to accomplish this, other a component (I am
running Delphi 4)

Ash

Re:Export table to text file

Delphi has all the tools you require.

Open a new project, add two Ttables and a batchmove component.

Set table1 database to dbdemos and tablename to country.db
Set table2 tablename to c:\temp\country.txt.
Set table2 tabletype to ttASCII

Set batchmove1 source to table1 and destination to table2.
Set batchmove mode to batCopy.

Add a button with batchmove1.execute.

After running this the file country.txt will be created along with a schema
file country.sch with the fixed length details.

Mike
--
Mike Best Programming
Brisbane

"Ash Kokeram" <akoke...@thompsongroup.com> wrote in message

> I am trying to export data from a Paradox 7 table to a fixed length text
> file.  Is there an SQL statement to accomplish this, other a component (I
am
> running Delphi 4)

> Ash

Other Threads