QR Grouping

Hi, This is probally a simple problem.

Please could someone advise me how i can group data within a report by two
fields. I can do it by setting the expression on the group header to be
table.field1 but i need to group on table.field1 and table.field2 ?

Is this possible and how do i do it as the expression builder does not let
me use AND

Many thanks

Tim

Re:QR Grouping

You can't do this on only one QRGroup. You must use two QRGroup components.

"Tim Horn" <t...@umbani.com> ???g??l news:3af99a38_1@dnews...

> Hi, This is probally a simple problem.

> Please could someone advise me how i can group data within a report by two
> fields. I can do it by setting the expression on the group header to be
> table.field1 but i need to group on table.field1 and table.field2 ?

> Is this possible and how do i do it as the expression builder does not let
> me use AND

> Many thanks

> Tim

Re:QR Grouping

On Wed, 9 May 2001 21:27:52 +0200, "Tim Horn" <t...@umbani.com> wrote:
>Hi, This is probally a simple problem.

>Please could someone advise me how i can group data within a report by two
>fields. I can do it by setting the expression on the group header to be
>table.field1 but i need to group on table.field1 and table.field2 ?

>Is this possible and how do i do it as the expression builder does not let
>me use AND

Use the plus sign to concatenate the fields.   e;g. an expression of
"Table1.Field1 + Table1.Field2" will work if the data is in the
appropriate order.

regards
Colin Acheson

Other Threads