Converting QR 1.0 to QR 2.0??

I need some advice on converting a delphi2 program that uses quickreport
1.0 to a delphi 3 program that uses quickreport 2.0.  I was able to convert
by changing the name of the quickrep.dcu to quickrpt.dcu in the USES
statement.  When I did this delphi said it was converting from ver 1.0 to
ver 2.0 but my report no longer works.  Does anyone no of a better way to
handle this?

        Thanks
                Mike

Please email me at mselw...@geneva.edu

Re:Converting QR 1.0 to QR 2.0??

Mike Elwell wrote:

> I need some advice on converting a delphi2 program that uses quickreport
> 1.0 to a delphi 3 program that uses quickreport 2.0.  I was able to convert
> by changing the name of the quickrep.dcu to quickrpt.dcu in the USES
> statement.  When I did this delphi said it was converting from ver 1.0 to
> ver 2.0 but my report no longer works.  Does anyone no of a better way to
> handle this?

>         Thanks
>                 Mike

> Please email me at mselw...@geneva.edu

I just finished going thru such a conversion myself. The controls
transferred but they were all re-sized inappropriately (at first I
thought they had largely been trashed) and bands were re-arranged. It
took most of a day to fix the "conversion" that was performed. The
results were worth the hassle, but I may have spent as much time fixing
as it would have taken to do it all over from scratch.

One helpful technique was to print a screendump of the original D2
report (in D2 design mode) to refer to while "fixing".

BTW: Several features, broken in version 1, now work as I originally
expected...my conversion efforts therefore paid-off for me.

I think it runs faster too.

Jim Boardman

Other Threads