"User session already in progress"

But, i don't remember of any.

I am trying to use the Starttransaction/commit/rollback action with an
tdatabase but the above mentioned message occurs.

Please help!

tnx

marcel van eijkel
eij...@hetnet.nl
it-student
holland

Re:"User session already in progress"

> I am trying to use the Starttransaction/commit/rollback action with an
> tdatabase but the above mentioned message occurs.

I have not seen the above error message ever. However, here is a couple of
tips:

- Transactions and debugging do not mix. Especially the inTransaction
property is not
  valid during debugging.

- A given transaction on a table may only implicate around 255 records.
This can be a problem if you have a child table
 and especially if that table has a child table. Use non-server tables
instead, update with SQL.

- Not so important here: - Cached updates do not work with parent -> child1
-> child2 relations as far as I know
and probably not with some other relations as well. The problem is that you
sometimes have to commit
your cached data and there is both deleted and new/updated records which
calls for two update procedures. When something is deleted you update:
child2, child1, then parent.
When something is changed or updated the sequence should be: parent,
child1, child2.

An automatic session is created when database access is used. Make sure you
have not created your own
tsession component and your Database component points to the wrong session.

Other Threads