Table is busy error

I am trying to move data from one table to another using a TBatchMove but I
keep getting the error "Table xx is busy...", xx is the name of the
destination table.  What do I do to force the table to be "not busy" any
longer.  I suspect I am not doing something that I should be somewhere in the
program but I cannot find it, perhaps I have left a close or something else
out.  Can anyone shed any light on the situation?  I find sometimes that the
only way to get the system working again is to reboot.

Trevor Hand

Re:Table is busy error

If you've got the table open within your program, then close any TTables
or TQueries that reference the table.

However, it's probably because you've got the table open in design mode.
You need to make sure that any forms you've got open in design mode don't
have any active tables or queries that reference your table.

Dave

Re:Table is busy error

Close the tables, disable controls, if any (e.g. dbgrid), and set
table.exclusive to true before executing the batchmove.

If you still get the error, you will have to close the tables in the
IDE as well.

NOTE: There are some database errors that, once they occur, require
closing and restarting Delphi or you will just keep on getting the error
no matter what you do.

HTH

In article <6ilcm9$...@newsserver.trl.OZ.AU>, t.h...@trl.telstra.com.au
says...
:I am trying to move data from one table to another using a TBatchMove but I
:keep getting the error "Table xx is busy...", xx is the name of the
:destination table.

Other Threads