how to determine the system load for a component or piece of code

        How's this done? I want to know have a parent "registry-xs"
class which encasulates a tRegistry. I have several components
underneath that handle various parts of the registry-mess. I want to
make a desiscion to either create new tRegistry instances in the lower
classes, or let the lower classes "borrow" the higher class tRegistry
instance.
FYI: The higher and lower classes knit together pretty well. Higher
only creates lower, for example.

I tried doing a sizeof (componentInstance), but that'll return 4.
"Yeah, i know the pointer is 4 bytes, thanx." :)