TEdit/TDBEdit for proper editing of dates

I am trying to use a DBedit field to enter a date.  I've set the
DisplayFormat property to display it as I wish, but I could not figure
out how to customize the editting of the field.

From what I could figure out, a DBEdit field of type TDateTime will only be
editing in the Window's Short Date format (defined in the control panel).

Has anyone customized the Tedit or TDBedit components to allow the
editing/entering of dates in a format other than the Short Date format?
I've seen a few components with a little drop down calender.  However novel
or functional these components appear, they do not seem to meet my needs.

Thanks in advance

Paul

Re:TEdit/TDBEdit for proper editing of dates

In article <DtCs3o....@passport.ca> land...@passport.ca (J. Paul Landolt) writes:

>From: land...@passport.ca (J. Paul Landolt)
>Subject: TEdit/TDBEdit for proper editing of dates
>Date: Fri, 21 Jun 1996 13:57:23 GMT
>I am trying to use a DBedit field to enter a date.  I've set the
>DisplayFormat property to display it as I wish, but I could not figure
>out how to customize the editting of the field.
>From what I could figure out, a DBEdit field of type TDateTime will only be
>editing in the Window's Short Date format (defined in the control panel).
>Has anyone customized the Tedit or TDBedit components to allow the
>editing/entering of dates in a format other than the Short Date format?
>I've seen a few components with a little drop down calender.  However novel
>or functional these components appear, they do not seem to meet my needs.
>Thanks in advance
>Paul

I think you need to edit the field component of the table - it has the
editmask property that may help you out.  the dbedit doesn't have one to
change.

-D

Other Threads